About the Course
Would you like to lead dives and dive trips and take certified divers on vacations to the world's best dive sites? Many Divemasters are employed full-time or work independently supervising certified divers during club, store, resort or charter tour and travel activities. As a NAUI Divemaster you enjoy again and again adventures to which you introduce your clients. NAUI Divemaster certification is another option leading to NAUI Instructor qualification.
This course can be conducted, depending on candidate's prior training, as a condensed one-week course or as an internship program over several weeks. The time-frame is very flexible and we are happy to work with anyone who is motivated and dedicated. For details, send us an inquiry via email, email@example.com, the contact page or, even better, stop by the shop. We'd love to meet you!
Qualifications of Graduates
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to:
- Organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Divemaster is trained.
- Organize and conduct NAUI Recognition and Experience Programs as well as certain training courses and award appropriate recognition materials to participants.
- Assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster who completes a NAUI-DAN First Aid Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI-DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI-DAN training and support materials, is also qualified to teach the NAUI-DAN First Aid programs.
Prerequisites for Entering the Course:
- Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
- Current certification as a NAUI Open Water Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Advanced Open Water Scuba diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Rescue Scuba Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or the equivalent
- Current certification as a NAUI Master Scuba Diver or the equivalent*
-Current certification in NAUI First Aid for the Diving Professional or equivalent.
-A minimum of 60 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 30 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
-Medical Approval - Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months.
If all prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Divemaster is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC).
* Candidates who hold a Master Scuba Diver Certification from another agency may be allowed to enter the course after an in-water skills assessment and pre-exam are successfully passed.