About the Course
NAUI Instructors represent the highest level of membership within the Association. All NAUI Instructors are authorized to provide education and training for entry level through leadership (Dive Master) development for students pursuing scuba diver training for recreation or professional development.
This course can be conducted, depending on candidate's skills, knowledge and prior training, as a condensed two-week course or as an internship program over many weeks. The time-frame is very flexible and we are happy to work with anyone who is motivated, dedicated and qualified. For details, send us an inquiry via email, email@example.com, the contact page or, even better, stop by the shop. We'd love to meet you!
Qualifications of Graduates
Certified NAUI Instructor course graduates are qualified to apply for NAUI Instructor membership in any status provided for in the bylaws of the association.
An active-status NAUI Instructor may:
- Independently teach NAUI sanctioned courses and authorize NAUI certification for graduates.
-Independently conduct NAUI recognition and experience programs and authorize formal recognition for graduates.
An active-status NAUI Instructor who completes a NAUI-DAN First Aid Instructor orientation, who has completed all required NAUI-DAN orientation modules and is using the NAUI-DAN training and support materials, may teach the NAUI-DAN First Aid programs.
Prerequisites For Entering The Course
- Minimum age is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
- Current certification as a NAUI Assistant Instructor or NAUI Divemaster or other agency leaders.
- Current certification in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent.
- Current certification in NAUI Oxygen Provider or equivalent.
- Certified as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
- A minimum of 100 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 50 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities.
- Instructor candidates must pass the NAUI Instructor Prequalification Examination prior to the start of the ITC. There will also be a diving skills assessment prior to starting the course.
- Medical Approval - Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months.